- Description: This is an ad for a local Relief Society’s family history night.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles): I used a word document to create this. I used a lot of layering to create the different colors and shapes. I tried to create repetition with the lines, and the text boxes, as well as with the circles of the pictures.
- Message: My message is that family history is a worthwhile use of time and it is fun to do with other people.
- Audience: My audience is all the Relief Society sisters of 69th Ward.
- Color scheme and color names: I used a monochromatic color scheme: Green, Lime, and Yellow. I muted the colors to make them a bit more “homey” feeling.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned so much tying to use a Word document. There were a lot of little tricks I missed from InDesign that I had to live without, like my grid lines and some text box formatting. I had to learn how to create the same effect with a much simpler set of tools.
- Title Font Name & Category: Didot: Modern/Transitional
- Copy Font Name & Category: InaiMathi: Sans Serif
- Scanned images used, sources, original sizes, location of scanner used: My scanned images were of the three people. I got these from a booklet about Idaho Falls Power. They were originally 2 by 2.5, 7 by 5.5, and 4.5 by 7, respectively. They were all scanned in the Spori Lab.